December 10, 2011

Some Prayers and Words of Saint Gerard

Some Prayers and Words of Saint Gerard
 
 
THE ACTS OF LOVE
My God, I intend to love you with as many acts of love as Our Lady and all the blessed spirits have loved you since their creation,
and with all the faithful of the earth
and with the love with which Jesus Christ bore towards himself
and those whom he loved.


DESIRES
0 my God, I wish I could convert as many sinners
as there are grains of sand in the sea and on the earth,
as many as there are leaves on the trees,
plants in the fields,
atoms in the air,
stars in the sky,
rays in the sun or the moon,
creatures on the face of the earth.


TO THE HOLY TRINITY
Anytime I catch sight of a cross,
or a picture of one of the three divine persons,
or hear them mentioned
or at the beginning and end of my actions,
I intend to say a 'Glory be to the Father.'


IN HONOR OF THE MOST HOLY MARY
I have a similar intention of honoring Our Lady
and any time I see woman,
I will say a 'Hail Mary' in honor of her purity. 


BEFORE AND AFTER MEALS
Three Glorias in honor of the Trinity,
three Hail Marys in honor of Our Lady.
A Gloria for every slice of bread I cut,
another every time I drink wine,
and a Hail Mary every time I drink water.
Also every time the clock strikes.
 
 
 

Related Post