November 29, 2011

⛪ Mercy


For there are three ways of performing an act of mercy: the merciful word, by forgiving and by comforting; secondly, if you can offer no word, then pray - that too is mercy; and thirdly, deeds of mercy. And when the Last Day comes, we shall be judged from this, and on this basis we shall receive the eternal verdict. (1158)
--St Faustina

And even if the sins of soul are as dark as night, when the sinner turns to My mercy he gives Me the greatest praise and is the glory of My Passion. (378)
--St Faustina, Divine Mercy in my Soul

Extend your mercy towards others, so that there can be no one in need whom you meet without helping. For what hope is there for us if God should withdraw His Mercy from us?
--Saint Vincent de Paul

Know, My daughter, that between Me and you there is a bottomless abyss, an abyss which separates the Creator from the creature. But this abyss is filled with My mercy. (1576)
--St Faustina, Divine Mercy in my Soul

How happy I am to see myself imperfect and be in need of God's mercy.
--St Therese of the Child Jesus and the Holy Face, OCD

Let souls who are striving for perfection particularly adore My mercy, because the abundance of graces which I grant them flows from My mercy. I desire that these souls distinguish themselves by boundless trust in My mercy. I myself will attend to the sanctification of such souls. I will provide them with everything they will need to attain sanctity. (1578)
--St Faustina, Divine Mercy in my Soul

Let our judgment of souls cease, for God's mercy upon them is extraordinary. (1684)
--St Faustina

The saints are like the stars. In his providence Christ conceals them in a hidden place that they may not shine before others when they might wish to do so. Yet they are always ready to exchange the quiet of contemplation for the works of mercy as soon as they perceive in their heart the invitation of Christ.
--Saint Anthony of Padua

In what can I hope, then, or in whom ought I trust, save only in the great mercy of God and the hope of heavenly grace?
--Imitation of Christ

How can I bear this life of misery unless You comfort me with Your mercy and grace? Do not turn Your face from me. Do not delay Your visitation.
--Imitation of Christ


Related Post