November 29, 2011

⛪ Faith

"Faith is to believe what you do not see; the reward of this faith is to see what you believe."
--St. Augustine

It is not the actual physical exertion that counts towards one's progress, nor the nature of the task, but by the spirit of faith with which it is undertaken.
--Saint Francis Xavier

"Faith has to do with things that are not seen, and hope with things that are not in hand."
--Saint Thomas Aquinas

"I believe though I do not comprehend, and I hold by faith what I cannot grasp with the mind."
--St. Bernard

I will go peaceably and firmly to the Catholic Church: for if Faith is so important to our salvation, I will seek it where true Faith first began, seek it among those who received it from God Himself.
--St. Elizabeth Ann Seton


Hold firmly that our faith is identical with that of the ancients. Deny this, and you dissolve the unity of the Church.
--St. Thomas Aquinas


When I steeped myself in prayer, I was transported in spirit to the Chapel, where I saw the Lord Jesus, exposed in the Monstrance. In place of the Monstrance I saw the glorious face of the Lord, and He said to me, "What you see in reality , these souls see through faith. Oh, how pleasing to Me is their great faith! You see, although there appears to be no trace of life in Me, in reality it is present in its fullness in each and every Host. But for Me to be able to act upon the soul, the soul must have faith. O how pleasing to Me is living faith! (1420)
--St. Faustina, Divine Mercy in my Soul

“I know God will not give me anything I can't handle. I just wish He didn't trust me so much.”
--Blessed Mother Teresa of Calcutta

“To one who has faith, no explanation is necessary. To one without faith, no explanation is possible.”
--St. Thomas Aquinas

If you believe what you like in the gospels, and reject what you don't like, it is not the gospel you believe, but yourself.
--Saint Augustine

“Be faithful in small things because it is in them that your strength lies.”
--Blessed Mother Teresa of Calcutta

“One life is all we have and we live it as we believe in living it. But to sacrifice what you are and to live without belief, that is a fate more terrible than dying.”
--St. Joan of Arc

Where there is hatred, let me sow love. Where there is injury, pardon. Where there is doubt, faith.
--Saint Francis Assisi


Related Post