April 12, 2018

⛪ Saint David Uribe-Velasco

Saint David Uribe,
Pray for us !
Saint of the Day : April 12

 Memorial :
• 12 April
• 21 May as one of the Martyrs of the Mexican Revolution

 Born :
• 29 December 1888 at Buenavista de Cuellar, 
Guerrero, Mexico

 Died :
• Shot in the back of the head on 12 April 1927 
near San Jose Videl, Morelia, Mexico

He was born in Buenavista de CuΓ©llar, Guerrero (Diocese of Chilapa) on December 29, 1889. Parish priest of Iguala, Guerrero (Diocese of Chilapa). He exercised his ministry in an exemplary manner in a region attacked by Freemasonry, Protestantism and the schism. The military who captured him offered him ample freedom in case he had accepted the laws and became bishop of the schismatic church created by the government of the republic. Father David reiterated what he had already written, just a month before, and which denotes all the strength of his faith and his fidelity: «If I have been anointed with the holy oil that makes me minister of the Most High, why not be anointed with my blood in defense of the souls redeemed with the blood of Christ? What happiness to die in defense of the rights of God! To die before disowning the Vicar of Christ! ». Now in prison, he wrote his last words: " I declare that I have not committed the crimes accused of me. I am in the hands of God and of the Virgin of Guadalupe. I ask God to forgive and forgive my enemies; I beg pardon of all those whom I have offended ». Conducted in a place near the station of San JosΓ© Vistahermosa, Morelos (Diocese of Cuernavaca) was sacrificed with a blow to the nape on 12 April 1927.

Related Post