November 15, 2018

Baptism Prayers


Prayer to Our Holy Patron Saint of Baptism

O Glorious St. _______, whose name I have the honor to bear, who wast given me in baptism as a protector and a pattern, and who, although secure of thy own immortal bliss, art nevertheless solicitous about my happiness, assist me by thy powerful intercession, as thou instructest me by the example of thy holy life; for I truly can behold in thy life, as in a bright mirror, what I am to correct in myself, and what I am to practice. Thou hast been, like me, subject to sufferings, encompassed with infirmities, assaulted with temptations; but thou hast surmounted the rage and persecutions of the world, despised its allurements, and triumphed over its malignity.

Obtain by thy prayers that I may he endowed with thy spirit, and become a faithful follower of Christ. On the day in which I was buried together with Christ by baptism unto death, thou wast given me for a witness and a guardian of my engagements. I beseech thee, therefore, that thou assist me in thy prayers for me to God, that I may hold fast the confession of my hope without wavering, and that, laboring to make sure by good works my vocation and election, I may obtain the prize of the celestial vocation of God, in Christ Jesus. Amen. 

Novena To A Patron Saint



I. My most loving Saint ________, behold me kneeling at thy feet, beseeching thee with all the affection of my heart to grant me thy special protection, particularly when in danger of offending God. O my dear and holy advocate, remember me before the throne of the most holy Trinity, and obtain for me from the infinite goodness of God, the virtues of humility, purity, obedience, and the grace to fulfill exactly the duties of my state.


Our Father, Hail Mary, Glory. 


II. O my dear Saint ________, I renew to the Lord, through thee, the holy resolutions which I have frequently made of intending to love and serve Him faithfully. I am resolved to detach myself from every earthly thing, and I desire ardently to unite myself to Him, as my first beginning, last end, and sovereign good. My dear Saint, I beseech thee to offer to the most holy Trinity the sacrifice of my whole being, particularly of my judgment and will, in order to conform fully to God most holy, because I desire nothing else besides His grace and His holy love.


Our Father, Hail Mary, Glory. 


III. My sweet and holy Protector (Protectress) ________, behold me again full of love for thee and full of confidence, beseeching thee to cast thyself on thy knees before the throne of the most holy Trinity, and entreat most ardently that God, through His infinite goodness, may grant me the grace to fly sin, and the gift of final perseverance. Thou knowest, O my dear Saint ________, how great the temptations to which man is subject, and how continual are the perils I run of being lost; do thou assist me with thy efficacious prayers.


Our Father, Hail Mary, Glory. 


Supplication To The Most Holy Trinity.

Most holy, most august, most amiable and divine Trinity, I fall prostrate before the throne of Thy immense majesty, and full of the sweetest confidence, I present to Thee the merits of this, Thy servant, and those, moreover, of holy Mary, whom Thou hast given me as a most loving Mother, Queen, and Advocate. Therefore, I beseech Thee, in view of their merits, be pleased to grant me the graces which I particularly desire . . . . . . . O Lord, I hope in Thee, let me not be confounded. Grant my prayer, O Lord, and have pity on me. 


If the Saint be a man.


Ant. Well done, thou good and faithful servant; because thou hast been faithful over a few things, I will place thee over many things: enter thou into the joy of thy Lord. 

V. The Lord led the just man through right paths, 
R. And showed him the kingdom of God.


Let us pray: 

May the intercession of the blessed ________, we beseech Thee, O Lord, commend us to Thee; that what we cannot obtain by our own merits, we may receive by his patronage; through our Lord. 


If the Saint be a woman.

Ant. Come, spouse of Christ, and receive the crown which the 
Lord hath prepared for thee from all eternity. 

V. In thy comeliness and thy beauty,
R. Go forth, proceed prosperously, and reign. 

Let us pray: 

Graciously hear us, O God our Savior, that as we rejoice in the festivity of Thy blessed ________, so, also, we may be instructed in the affection of a true devotion; through our Lord, Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Spirit, God world without end. Amen.

Related Post