March 11, 2019

πŸ•‚Morning Prayers

Morning Prayer # 1

In the name of our Lord Jesus Christ crucified I arise; bless me, 0 Lord, defend me , preserve me, and keep me ; and after this short and miserable pilgrimage bring me to life everlasting. Amen. In the name of the Father , and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost. Amen. Blessed be the holy and undivided Trinity, now and for ever. Amen.

Let us pray : Lord God, and King of heaven and earth, vouchsafe this day to rule and sanctify, to direct and govern our souls and bodies, our senses, words and actions in a conformity to thy law , and a strict obedience to thy commands; that by the help of thy grace, 0 Savior of the world, we may be fenced and freed from all evils, both now and for ever. Amen. 0 blessed Virgin Mary, be thou a mother to me ; take me and mine under thy holy protection , and continually represent to the eternal Father in our behalf the laments of the death and passion of thy Son. 0 all yon glorious angels and saints, and you in particular, my holy patrons N. and N., pray for us poor children of Eve to our common Lord, that we may ever serve him here, till we come with you to love him for all eternity. 0 angel of God , who by divine appointment art my Guardian , to watch over me in all my ways, be pleased this day to illuminate, preserve, rule, and govern me, whom the goodness of our God has committed to thy charge , and to defend me from all the powers of darkness. May the divine assistance remain always with us; and may the souls of the faithful departed through the mercy of God rest in peace. Amen. 

Our Father . . . Hail Mary . . . The Apostle's Creed.

Morning Prayer # 2

In the name of the Father, and of the Son , and of the Holy Ghost. Amen. 0 my God, my only good, the author of my being, and my last end, I give thee my heart. Praise, honour, and glory be to thee for ever and ever. Amen. 

Our Father . . . Hail Mary . . . 

I adore and glorify thee, 0 blessed Trinity , God Almighty , Father , Son , and Holy Ghost. I offer myself to thy divine Majesty; humbly beseeching thee to take from me , and from all thy faithful , what ever displeases thee, and to give us that which is grateful in thy sight: grant that we may here do what thou commandest, and hereafter receive what thou promisest. 

To thee, 0 Lord, I commend my soul and body [my wife and children, my father and mother , my brothers and sisters], my kinsfolk, benefactors, and friends, all my nearest and dearest relatives , and all those for whom I am in any way bound to offer up my prayers. To thee I commend the holy Catholic Church. Grant, 0 Lord, that all may know thee, all may honour and reverence thee, all may love thee and be loved by thee. Reduce those that err, and bring them again into the way of truth; abolish heresies, and con vert all to the true faith, who as yet do not know thee. Grant us, 0 Lord, thy grace , and preserve us in thy peace ; may thy holy will be done and not ours. 

Lastly I commend all universally to thy holy protection , beseeching thee , that thou wouldest vouchsafe to grant to the living the forgiveness of their sins, and to the souls departed everlasting rest. Amen. 

Holy Mother of God pray for me a sinner, that I may be made worthy of the promises of Christ. 

0 my angel-guardian, illuminate, defend and govern me this day in all my thoughts, words and actions. 

Bless us , 0 Lord , and preserve us from all evil, and bring us to eternal life; and may the souls of the faithful departed trough the mercy of God rest in peace. Amen.


Related Post