Jun 4, 2024

Prayer of St. Alphonsus Liguori before the Blessed Sacrament

My Lord Jesus Christ,
who for the love You bear us,
remain night and day in this Sacrament,
full of compassion and love,
awaiting, calling, and welcoming all who come to visit You.
I believe that You are present in the Sacrament of the Altar.
I adore You from the abyss of my nothingness,
and I thank You for all the graces You have given me,
especially for having given me Yourself in this Sacrament,
for having given me Your Most Holy Mother Mary as my advocate,
and for having called me to visit You in this church.
I now salute Your Most Loving Heart,
and this for three purposes:
first, in thanksgiving for this great gift;
second, to make amends to You for all the outrages
which You receive in this Sacrament from all Your enemies;
third, to adore You by this visit in all the places on earth
where You are present in the Blessed Sacrament
and are most forsaken and least honored.

My Jesus, I love You with all my heart.
I am sorry for having offended Your infinite goodness so many times.
I purpose by Your grace never more to offend You,
and I resolve to spend all the rest of my life in Your love and service.
Grant me grace to persevere in Your faithful service until death.

I recommend to You all poor sinners.
I recommend to You the souls in purgatory,
especially those who had the greatest devotion
to the Most Blessed Sacrament and to the Most Blessed Virgin Mary.
I also recommend to You all poor sinners.

Finally, my dear Savior,
I unite all my desires with the desires of Your most loving Heart.
Thus united, I present them to Your Eternal Father
and beg Him in Your name and for Your sake
to accept and grant them.
Amen.

.

Related Post

No comments: